Councilmember Monica Dorcey
Email Councilmember Monica Dorcey
Monica Dorcey was born and raised in rural Wayne, Neb., one of nine siblings. After graduating from Briar Cliff University in Sioux City, Iowa, she worked in the independent adjusting business for 27 years. In 2003 she went to work as a senior claim representative for Farmers Insurance Group, moving to El Mirage with her daughter, Ashley. Monica is a member of Santa Teresita parish and has served in several ministries over the years.
Monica is now retired but continues to be involved in a number of non-profit organizations with a primary emphasis on children and their education, but also fostering the growth and development of El Mirage. She has served in a number of roles as a volunteer for the City of El Mirage. This work includes:
- Served on the Planning and Zoning Commission from 2013 - 2018.
- Served on the Judicial Review Committee from 2012—2017.
- Named El Mirage Citizen of the Year in 2012.
- Served on the planning committee for the El Mirage homeowners association (HOA) training presented in 2016-2017.
- President of the Northwest Valley YMCA Advisory Board, serving on the board since 2014.
- Treasurer of the Dysart Education Foundation Board and Scholarship Committee, active
- Treasurer of Arizona Career Pathways, 2011—present.
- President of the West Valley Neighborhoods Coalition.