Victim Assistance

The El Mirage Police Department Victim Assistance Unit provides information and support services to victims of Domestic Violence crimes in the City of El Mirage. Each case will be assigned to a victim advocate. If you have any questions, please contact your advocate by calling 623-500-3090 or by email at .

February is National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month
If you know of a teen or parent that needs to speak to a well-trained peer advocate, please connect them with the National Dating Abuse Helpline at 1-866-331-9474 or by texting "loveis" to 22522. You can also visit this website for help or further information. 

Teen Violence Awareness Month

Victim Assistance Unit Overview

Follow this link to learn more about the Victim Assistance Unit. 


What can an advocate do for me?

  • Explain the judicial system;
  • Act as a link between prosecutors and victims;
  • Advise as to the current status of the case;
  • Make referrals for counseling, shelter, food, etc.;
  • Answer questions regarding the pretrial, trial, sentencing and appeal process;
  • Escort victims while they testify;
  • Assist in obtaining Orders of Protection or Injunctions Against Harassment; and
  • Referrals to other social service agencies that offer financial and supportive services.
Will the advocate tell others what I tell them?

As a victim, you have the right to keep most of your written and oral communications with an advocate confidential. This means that anything you say or send to an advocate, with the exception of a Victim Impact Statement or restitution, cannot generally be shared with anyone without your consent.

Domestic Violence Materials

“The El Mirage Police Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age in delivery of services.” Civil Rights Notification