For the week of November 9th - November 15th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Santa Fe Lane. This set up will remain through mid-December. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This full project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The paving and utility adjustments of 'A' Street have been completed and the road is open to all traffic. Both temporary and permanent striping will need to be completed. Lane closures are not anticipated during this operation, but please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
- The installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will continue through the end of December. Both northbound and southbound vehicles have been shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Desert Cove Road and Varney Road. Varney Road will also be closed between Dysart Road and the Dysart High School parking lot until Saturday, November 10th. A detour will be in place to guide vehicles from Dysart Road to El Mirage Road to Varney Road.
- Wolfley Drive at Dysart Road will be closed until Saturday, November 10th. Drivers that wish to reach Wolfley Drive will have to access the roadway from 129th Avenue. Both Varney Road and Wolfley Drive will re-open on Saturday, November 10th at which time both northbound and southbound vehicles will be shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Peoria Avenue and Wolfley Drive. Left turns on to Peoria Avenue from Dysart Road will not be allowed. Vehicles will be detoured to Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- Access from Dysart Road to both Sahuaro Drive and Desert Cove Road will be closed starting Monday, November 12th and will continue through December 3rd. Drivers that wish to reach either street will have to access from 129th Avenue.
- Starting December 3rd, both Sahuaro Drive and Desert Cove Road will be re-opened and access to Peoria Avenue, east of Dysart Road, will then be closed through Friday, December 7th. Vehicles will be detoured via Olive Avenue and Cactus Road. These dates are subject to change.
- The paving along Acoma Drive has been completed and the road is open to all traffic. Both utility adjustments and striping will need to be completed. Lane closures are not anticipated during this operation, but please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
- The City of Surprise will be working on the traffic signal at the intersection of Greenway Road & Dysart Road and the westernmost southbound lane will be restricted on Tuesday, November 13th.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm