For the week of May 23rd - May 30th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the eastbound direction between Greenway Road and Thunderbird Road. Intermittent closures of driveways and side streets may be encountered. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the westbound direction should follow the detour along Grand Avenue, Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. This project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The access roadway that connects the Frontage Road and Grand Avenue in front of Coury's Plaza is closed. Vehicles will be detoured to either Greenway Road or Thunderbird Road. A map of the detour can be found by clicking here.
- On Tuesday, May 28th, traffic will be switched back to allow traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road. The detour will be reversed to send vehicles to Thunderbird Road. This set up will remain until June 30th when the project is scheduled for completion. A map of the detour can be found by clicking here.
- The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. Northern Avenue may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross Northern Avenue.
- On Tuesday, May 28th, the right northbound lane of Dysart Road will be closed on both sides of Northern Avenue. This lane will be closed until further notice.
- The City will be installing new and replacing existing sidewalk ramps in the residential areas north and south of Thunderbird Road through the end of May. The areas within the work zones during this time will experience shoulder work, sidewalks will be closed and there will be no parking allowed. The affected intersections can be found by clicking here.
- Flaggers may be encountered along Myer Lane while ramps are installed at the intersections of 119th Avenue, A Street and B Street.
- The bike lane and sidewalk on the east side of Thompson Ranch Road between Grand Avenue and Thompson Ranch Elementary School will be closed until mid-June.
- An industrial site is being constructed at the southwest corner of Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road within the City of Surprise. Dysart Road, between Hearn Road and Soledad Street, will be reduced to one lane in the southbound direction through the end of May. Other minor lane restrictions will be present at various times in the south, east and west approaches to the Thunderbird and Dysart intersection.
- Joe R. Ramirez Road, west of Dysart Road, is a new roadway that will be paved starting Tuesday, May 21st. This work will require Dysart Road to be reduced to a total of one lane which will require flaggers to allow vehicles to pass one direction at a time. This set up will last until Friday, May 24th between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm